Admission procedure for international students
- Admission of foreigners and stateless persons to the Khmelnytskyi National University (University) is carried out according to the Law of Ukraine “On Education”, “On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”, “On Foreign Ukrainian”, “On Refugees and Persons in need of Additional or Temporary Protection”, Decrees of President of Ukraine dated June 03, 1994 number 271 “On measures to develop economic cooperation with neighboring regions of Ukraine regions of the Republic of Belarus and the administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Moldova”, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on February 26, 1993 number 136″, “On learning of foreign citizens in Ukraine” dated on September 11, 2013 number 684, “Some issues for teaching foreigners and stateless people”, Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated on November 01, 2013 number 1541″. Some issues of recruitment and education (training) for foreigners and stateless citizenship”, registered with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine dated on November 25, 2013 number 2004/24536 (in the wording of the Order the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated on December 11, 2015 number 1272).
- Foreigners and stateless people (henceforth – foreigners) can get higher education at the expense of physical (legal) people, unless otherwise stipulated by international treaties of Ukraine ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, laws or agreements between universities on international academic mobility. The acceptance of foreigners to higher education institutions to study on public contract is within the quota for foreigners.
The quota for foreigners is a number of public order, which is used for the reception of applicants from among: foreigners who come to study in accordance with international treaties of Ukraine; Foreign-Based Ukrainians, who have certificate of Foreign-Based Ukrainians.
- Foreigners who come to Ukraine to study, can enter universities by the accredited educational programs (specialty).
Enlistment of foreigners arriving to study at the expense of physical (legal) people to university lasts:
- twice a year, before and at the beginning of the academic semester (but not later to the November 01 and to the March 01) to obtain a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree;;
- during the year for postgraduate study, doctoral studies.
- All categories of foreigners who come to study at Khmelnitskyi National University under the orders of enlistment, formed in a single database.
Foreigners who get state scholarships for international agreements, national programs and other international obligations of Ukraine, adopted on the study within the established quotas for foreigners under the directions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Foreigners, who come to Ukraine to participate in the programs of academic mobility or for higher education agreed on between Ukrainian and foreign universities educational programs are accepted to study for the appropriate contractual obligations of the University.
- Foreign-Based Ukrainians who legally reside in Ukraine, who have status of Foreign-Based Ukrainians ( which is certified), when entering KhNU have the same rights to education as citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international agreements, ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign-Based Ukrainians, who have status of Foreign-Based Ukrainians (which is certified), can be accepted to the university on the training of public contract (free of charge) with the established quotas for foreigners based on the interviews with subjects under the rules of admission.
1. Admission requirements
- Foreigners and stateless people who come to Ukraine and have foreign documents on full secondary education are accepted for studying for a bachelor’s degree on the first year of study at the University.
- Foreigners and stateless people who come to Ukraine and have foreign education documents corresponding to the educational background of the bachelor’s degree are accepted for studying for the master’s degree on the first year of study at the University.
- Foreigners and stateless people entering the University should have level B1 in Ukrainian, Russian or English, depending on the language of teaching at the chosen educational program (specialization)
2. Terms of reception of applications and documents
- Organization of admission to study at the University of Foreigners is assigned to the selection committee of the Preparatory Department for Foreigners, the Department of International Relations and the Admission Committee of the University.
- Procedure of the selection committee:
- Monday Thursday, 9:00 – 18:00
- Friday 9:00 – 17:00.
3. Registration and issuance of invitations to study, admission of applications and documents, entrance examinations, renewals, transfers and enrollments for admission students are conducted in the following terms:
|Stages of the admission campaign|
|Beginning of registration and issuance of invitations to study foreigners||from May 15, 2017|
|Beginning of reception of applications and documents||from July 03, 2017|
|Terms of reception of applications and documents for the renewal, transfer from higher educational institutions of Ukraine and foreign educational institutions||July 03 – August 31, 2017|
|The deadline for applications and documents||September 29, 2017|
|The end of processing and issuing of invitations to training foreign citizens||September 20, 2017|
|The University’s entrance examinations||July 05 – October 15, 2017|
|Admission to state-commissioned education||July 17 – October 18, 2017|
|Admission of entrants for the funds of legal persons||July 17 – October 18, 2017|
4. An invitation is issued by the University’s previous treatment of the foreigner providing the following documents:
- the copy of the first page of the national passport of the foreigner establishing his identity, translated into Ukrainian;
- the copy of the document about the previous education with the received by marks (points) or academic reference (with the number and the title of the document) with translation into Ukrainian;
- consent to the processing of personal data.
3. The order reception of applications and documents
- Documents from applicants-foreigners are accepted only in paper form.
- Documents required for admissions for foreigners and stateless people:
- application form;
- a foreigner’s national passport or other document certifying a stateless person with a D-type visa (04/12) for countries with a visa-entry visa issued at Ukrainian Embassy on the basis of invitations to study, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine;
- a visa application form;
- Birth Certificate;
- a certificate issued by the Consular Office of Ukraine abroad on the termination of the citizenship of Ukraine of a foreigner, indicating the relevant Decree of the President of Ukraine, if the place of birth of a foreigner is in Ukraine;
- document that indicates the right of the candidate to continue studying at the educational establishments of the country where he/she has got a secondary education;
- medical health certificate, certified by offcial body of health protection of the foreigner’s country and is issued at least for two months before leaving for Ukraine;
- 8 photos (3*4);
- consent to the collection and processing of personal data;
- the liability insurance contract for reimbursement of costs associated with implementation of the decision on administrative expulsion outside the territory of Ukraine (deportation);
- If available, copies and original of the following documents are presented:
- a temporary residence permit in Ukraine, a permit for immigration to Ukraine, a diplomatic card of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine or another document on the right to stay in Ukraine;
- a tax authority’s certificate of assignment of the registration number of the taxpayer’s account card.
All documents must be attested according to the legislation of the country where they were taken and legalized (Ukrainian translation and notarized confirmation).
The originals of the passport, birth certificate, education document, residence document and tax authority certificate are checked.
Medical documents are provided in the original. Birth certificate, education document and medical document, issued abroad, must be certified and legalized in prescribed manner if there is no stipulation in the international treaties of Ukraine.
4. Organization of competitive selection
- The enlistment of foreigners to study at an appropriate level of higher education is carried out by the results of entrance examinations on certain subjects and language training. They are to have academic rights to continue studies provided by a document of acquired education in the country of origin. It has to be taken into account the points of success, claims, continue education at the next level of higher education in accordance with the laws of the country that issued the document on acquired education.
- Selection for the bachelor’s degree consists of two stages:
- entrance test language (Ukrainian or English);
- interview a professional discipline;
3. For the test of the Ukrainian or English language creates the subject examination Commission, whose composition is approved by order of the rector of the University.
4. The competitive selection for the master’s degree is based on the results of entrance examinations in:
- foreign language (Ukrainian or English);